Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yard Work




Okay, why don't I know how to put a line of text under a picture? I need to go look that up. Anyhow, I haven't been blogging as I've been busy trying to get a little yardwork done in between baby care and rain showers. So yes, I've been planting one seed at a time. A little discouraging, but as you can see from the first picture of our yard, there is a lot of work to be done. That is our jeep at the very back of our long, skinny property. Craig was hauling mulch back there. A half-acre yard sounded like a great idea when we bought the house, but I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed right now.
The second picture is the site of our garden before Craig built the raised beds; you can see what it looks like now in the last two pictures. That is our neighbor's house behind the garden. And really, don't you find a gardening man quite attractive? I do.


5 comments:

Robin said...

Looks great!

I'm working on forgiving the fact that you're totally copying my life -- 3 kids, math nerd husband (mine is also especially fetching while doing yard work -- or any other chores, for that matter), overwhelmingly big yard, raised beds, fabulous friend named Tracy...

Now if I can just master the buttercream...

so yung wilson said...

Looks good. Will the boys weed? That's the question.

Tracy said...

It looks wonderful! And the fact that you had time to blog this weekend is, well, astounding! I am in awe of you.

Anonymous said...

These look beautiful. Are the two little ones for Luke and Henry? I want to see a picture of your herb garden in about a month. I bet it will be sooo nice. Mom

actionjackson688 said...

I love your yard. I think i have to come visit when it warms up just a tinsy bit.