Sunday, January 09, 2011

A New Year

Oh my. I'm not doing very well with the blogging these days, am I? That is one of my New Year's resolutions, actually: to blog more regularly. A lot more regularly. Like, Monday through Friday. This sounds crazy, since I've been posting about once a month for the last couple of years, but I have decided to cut myself a lot of slack. A short post is fine, a status update, if you will. Perhaps just a picture. So for starters, I'm going to post my New Year's resolutions.



First of all, I would like to blog five days per week. I'm saying it again to make it more official.



Secondly, I would like to read more books about emotional eating. I would like to work more on understanding why I overeat. I'm not going to try to lose weight (although I wouldn't mind if a little of that happened) but I'm tired of overeating and feeling bad about it later.



Third, I want to complete the Warrior Dash. I'm registered with some women from the neighborhood. I basically want to work on my strength training and sprinting until then. I usually favor long, steady-state cardio workouts, so this will be good for me. And the race sounds really fun and perhaps a bit insane. And the beer is an added bonus.



Additionally, I want to work on photo books for my boys. I have tons of digital photos, and for Henry's last birthday I made a photo book of the first five years of his life. I would like to make these for the boys regularly--ideally for every birthday--but first I have to catch up for Luke and Silas.



Finally, I want to do something each month to prepare for next Christmas. This year felt really overwhelming, both financially and time-wise, so I would like to either make or buy at least one thing each month until next Christmas. For my January contribution, I bought a few Christmas clearance items at Target.

So there you have it. Expect to hear a whole lot more from me in the near future.

6 comments:

so yung wilson said...

I had to take a nap after reading your blog.

I'm all for resolution #!. Good resolution.

Mara said...

My resolution this year was to not bother with resolutions. I seriously have no personal goals, except to finish school alive. I might end up weighing 200 lbs, completely abandon my spiritual life, be a terrible girlfriend and not cook a damn thing. But I WILL finish school, dammit!

Christine said...

I feel like Mara. My new years resolution is to survive childbirth. It occurred to me how galactically unfortunate it would be if I bombed that one...

Ser said...

Well, So Yung, you are searching for a job. Mara, you are completing a really hard and stressful academic program. And Christine? Where do I even begin with you, you little busy bee? You quilt. You cater weddings. You raise two little girls. You don't NEED resolutions, woman.

Oh, and I have one more resolution: figure out my darn formatting issues. I'm getting totally ticked at the spacing between my paragraphs.

Ser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
so yung wilson said...

I'm only half-heartedly searching for a job. Troy is full-heartedly losing patience with me. I like not working though. Might try for a part-time position instead.